Are you READY for change?
Strengthening your organization to become capable of really effecting social change is an exciting and challenging process. Your ability to make change is directly related to your level of readiness. Before you begin the process, it is important to ensure that you have the capacity in place to maximize your potential.
Here are some questions to consider as you assess your readiness:
- Is your Executive Board fully committed to embarking on this change process?
- Do you have an Executive Director and Senior Staff team that is ready to deal with the change process?
- Do you have someone within your organization who is able to play a leadership role in this effort and to ensure that it keeps moving in a timely and efficient manner?
- Is your organization committed to sharing the decision-making process with community partners?
- Is the organization economically viable? Do you have the resources or do you have the capacity to raise the resources you need to succeed?
- Do you have the organizational discipline necessary to keep efforts on track and proceeding smoothly?
- Most importantly, is everyone in your organization, from leadership to staff members, on board with this effort? Is there an overall commitment to change?
ABD Ventures can help you succeed and expand your capacity to effect change. To engage the services of ABD Ventures contact Amy Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Published originally at Truthout. Raising the minimum wage is an idea whose time has come. Long an important grass-roots demand, […]
March 25, 2014Parents are right to oppose the pervasive use of high-stakes standardized testing for students of all ages.
March 13, 2014New York and Boston have elected mayors who have vowed liberal reforms. Two organizers discuss what it could take for social movements to turn such promises into reality.
How Jews Brought America to the Tipping Point on Marriage Equality: Lessons for the Next Social Justice IssuesMarch 10, 2014Same-sex marriage has won, but its triumph was not preordained.
March 4, 2014Progressive grass-roots tactics can go a long way in the primaries.